This post is also available in: French
- 2 cups walnuts
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place walnuts in food processor (or blender) and process until a coarse meal is achieved.
- Add coconut butter and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Press into 9″ pie plate.
- If you are using a dehydrator, dehydrate for 3 hours at 116.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raw oat flour
- Place apple slices in bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and toss.
- Mix together maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Stir into apple mixture
- Add oat flour and toss to coat.
- If you are using a dehydrator, dehydrate at 115 for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Add water if mixture starts to dry out.
Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk all ingredients together to combine.
- Place filling in a 9″ pie plate that you have already prepared with the crust.
- If you are using a dehydrator, place back into dehydrator for 2 hours. If you are using the oven, place in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 200 degrees F. The third option is to use neither and serve it fresh and cool.
- Top with Maple Cinnamon Glaze and serve!
This recipe was adapted from Rawmazing: http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-apple-pie/